How has your furnace been sounding lately? Chances are it has been making at least a little bit of noise when it runs regularly. However, if the furnace has started to make a ruckus, this shouldn’t be ignored. Noisy heating systems are ones that are crying out for help…in a way.
So, we want to ask, what noise do you hear when you run your furnace? We’ve listed some sounds here that you should be on the alert for so that, if and when you hear them, you know to reach out for furnace repair in Frederick, MD from a professional technician.
These Sounds Should Prompt a Call to a Technician
If you hear any of these concerning noises, you should reach out to a professional for furnace repairs sooner than later.
- Rattling: When parts in your furnace are starting to come loose, it is possible that they will create a rattling noise. This is a sound that you want to get seen to before it escalates.
- Clanking: When rattling is allowed to go on for too long, it will eventually progress and become a clanking noise. Clanking can indicate that the part that was loose has now broken free and is bouncing around your system.
- Hissing: Don’t mistake hissing for the usual flow of air from your furnace. Hissing can indicate a problem with your ductwork or, worse, a crack in your heat exchanger. Both of these are important reasons to contact a pro for help.
- Buzzing: When you run your furnace and hear buzzing or humming, then it is likely an indicator of a problem with the electrical parts in your system. You may have a loose connection or there may be another malfunction. In any case, you should have a professional take a look at the system.
- Booming: Have a gas furnace that sounds like it is creating small explosions when it turns on? If so, you will want to get repairs ASAP. Dirty burners can delay ignition, causing these explosions (yes, that is actually what they are) when the built-up gas finally does ignite. This is very hard on your furnace and needs to be addressed soon.
- Screeching: Finally, screeching or squealing noises are one more sound you shouldn’t brush off. These sounds are pretty harsh on the ears which makes it hard to ignore them anyways! This sound may be a sign of a blower motor belt in dire need of attention or of a fan that is off-kilter and scraping around its housing.
When you need help with a noisy furnace or one that is simply malfunctioning, you can come to our team to get the system back into working order. We have a team of professionals ready to diagnose and address any issues that are popping up in your gas or electric furnace. The sooner we get to your furnace, the sooner we can get it fixed, and the better your comfort will be.
We provide Your Whole House Approach. Contact the pros at Real Comfort Systems for expert service.